Cannabutter has become one of the most common and well known ways to incorporate cannabis into recipes. This can be credited to the simplicity in making it and the wide variety of recipes butter is used in.
- 1 Ounce of Cannabis Flower (Grinded)
- 4 Sticks of Butter
- 1 Quart of Water
- Preheat oven to 240°F. To start the process the first thing you must do is decarboxylate your flower. This is how you activate the THC in your cannabis. You can do this by first grinding up your cannabis and spreading it onto a baking sheet that has a layer of wax paper. Next you put this into the oven for about 40 min. After that is done remove and set it to the side.
- The next step is to add your water into a pot and bring to a boil. Add the butter and let it melt. Once it is melted add the flower to the mixture and reduce the heat so that the mixture is at a simmer. Let simmer for 3 hours or until top is thick and glossy.
- When done remove and pour into a bowl. Let cool in the fridge.
- After the mixture has cooled you should be able to spoon the butter right off the layer of water underneath.
Tip: When boiling make sure there is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches of space between the flower and the bottom of the pot.